Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
University Winter Courses in Germany for Foreign Students and Graduates • DAAD
Please note: Due to the current pandemic situation, funding for onsite course formats is currently not offered. In 2022, therefore, only participation in online courses will be funded.
Who can apply?
Students in the last year of a Bachelor programme are eligible to apply if they continue their studies in a Master's degree programme shortly after completing their BA. Please submit a letter of confirmation from your university as proof.]
What can be funded?
Click here to find out about course providers and course programmes.
The courses are exclusively taught in German.
Duration of the funding
- up to 6 weeks
- The grants are not extendable.
- The courses start in January and end in February at the latest.
- Course Tuition fee
- The DAAD will transfer the tuition fee to the course organizer on your behalf.
- If applicable, a scholarship installment in the amount of 450 EUR* per month.
The most important selection criteria are:
- previous academic achievements
- convincing letter of motivation for choice of study programme and subject