The two-day event held online on 20 & 21 September 2021 is organised by the German Embassy – Canberra, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Australia-Germany Research Network (AGRN). Opening Remarks will be delivered by the Consul General of the Federal Republic of Germany in Sydney, Axel Ziegler and the Director of the DAAD Australia, Katharina McGrath.
Highly renowned Australian and German specialists in the fields of Science, Research and Industry will be delivering Keynote Addresses and will be involved in panel discussions on topics such as:
- Climate change in the bioeconomy/ circular economy
- German-Australian Cooperation in the field of Bioeconomy
- Industry-Research Connections and their importance in driving bioeconomic development & Research
- Bioeconomy 2030 – Germany’s National Research Strategy and Funding Measures
- Bioeconomy initiatives in Australia- opportunities to engage and collaborate
Opportunities will be given to individual participants to browse virtual presentations of Bioeconomy laboratories and innovations in Australia and Germany as well as networking sessions for attendees during the program breaks.
The Closing Address will focus on the international basis that will underpin the future Bioeconomy
September 20 to 21, 2021
Organizer: DAAD Australia - German Embassy - Canberra - AGRN